Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Guilty Pleasures and Stubborn Disobedience


The winter blast hit early yesterday and school was released at 1:30. I went to bed thinking classes were delayed until 10 today but then to my excited surprise, school was cancelled for me and all three girls. We had a day snowed in. It was exactly what my body and soul needed. An un-planned day at home. I stayed in my pajamas all day. I finished reading my book and look forward to starting on my next one. "Best Friends Forever" by Jennifer Weiner. I love her books. Her writing is my guilty pleasure. ahhhh..........we all have 'em.
One of my goals for the year was to memorize 2 scripture verses a month. I am also in the process of looking for my next scripture to memorize.
So far the ones I have memorized are:
"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to you Oh LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14
"Many, Oh Lord my God are the wonders you have done. The things you have planned for us, no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5.
"How can a young person live a pure life? By obeying your Word. With all my heart I try to obey you. Don't let me break your commands. I have taken your word to heart so I would not sin against you. LORD, you should be praised. Teach me your demands." Psalm 119:9-12
I look forward to seeing what scripture God leads me to next. I wonder if it will be something about positive attitude. To be honest I don't know what to expect. I won't know for sure until the 15th. That's my chosen date. The 1st and the 15th of each month. I do know however that over the Christmas break, God and I had a long talk about my move here to Canyon. If I have ever hated anything, I was coming pretty close to absolutely hating it here. God opened my eyes to the fact that my attitude had a lot to do with my happiness. I was believing Satan's lies and allowing myself to believe that I could never be happy here. Luckily, I had an attitude adjustment and things are slowly getting back on track. I think I was making storms for myself. I hate when I do that! Thank you God for being merciful and loving me even in my stubborn disobedience.

No comments: