Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Summers End Comes All Too Quickly


We have had an outstanding summer. It has flown by much too quickly. Alyse is now 12 weeks old. Last check a week and a half ago she weighed 8lbs 8ozs! She's a growing girl for sure! She is doing much better now that we have her belly button cleared up. She was on pretty strong medication because of a staph infection. The Dr. seems to think that this could have been caused from the hospital when they cut her umbilical cord. Apparantly, they are seeing a lot of staph from the operating room---which is very scary. She is fine now and we caught it early on. She is cooing and smiling and making it very hard for me to leave her to go back to school. But we are on day #2 away from eachother and doing ok. I only cried for about 2 hours Monday night thats all. I'm not sure that she misses me quite as much as I miss her. She is going to be spoiled I am afraid. She is staying with Tadd's mom at the office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. So not only is she getting spoiled by Gran, but Daddy comes in and spoils her throughout the day. On Wednesdays and Thursdays because of the cattle auction, our neighbor down the road will be keeping her. She is a retired pediatric nurse and a grandmother herself. She's exactly what I had in mind! We couldn't have asked for anyone better.










I have spent the last week getting my classroom ready for my sweet little babies coming to me for Kindergarten. I am completely convinced that I will have the best class in all of Westwind Elementary! But, whew! I get tired just thinking about them. I know that I do have the best team in all of Frenship School District. My K team has just out done themselves. They do year after year and I am proud to be a part of the team. It's so nice to be able to finally put my creativity to work and not be graded on it! Once I finish my classroom I will post pictures for all to see. It is going to be sooo cute!
We went on vacation to Dripping Springs and stayed with Tadd's sister and her husband. We had a great time even though half of Schlitterbaun was closed because of the drenching rains. We got all of the kids school clothes in San Marcos, and I had a blast shopping at Pottery Barn and Kirklands!!! I just love those places :)

Kate has had a busy busy summer. On Mondays she has continued her fiddle lessons. She recently tried out at the Cactus Theatre to play on stage with child prodigy fiddle player Amanda Shaw. Amanda plays in the Omni Max movie "Hurricane on the Bayou." The tryouts went really well but Kate was up against some really tough competition. She had a good experience and is ready to go again! On Tuesdays she has her Power Tumbling team. I'll tell ya what---that girl is keeping us moving!










Macy has no desire for tumbling---she thinks she can teach herself. She has enjoyed swimming and bug/reptile/and almost anything furry-- searching. She goes from the pool to the trampoline to the horse pasture and makes her rounds again. She is ready to start guitar lessons, so that is something we are looking forward to in the fall. She is the family clown and keeps us laughing .








School starts August 27th and actually I am ready to get back into our routine. We are extremely routine driven around here and having a new baby has really drowned out routine as we used to know it. But maybe once school gets going we can find it again. I know the school year will fly by just as my summer has. My goal this school year is to be just as good of a working mom as I was a stay-at-home mom. I was able to stay home with Kate and Macy as babies so being away from Alyse is hard :( But, I love teaching so if I must leave her, at least I love what I am doing.


1 comment:

The Stanford Family said...

You have been tagged! Check out my blog for more details!

CUTE pictures! You will have to blog about how the new classroom goes!!!