Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Kindergarten Classroom
We are half way through the first week of school and my how fun it has been! Teaching Kindergarteners is definately challanging. All I am doing right now is teaching procedures-procedures-procedures. Then re-teaching procedures :) In about three weeks, I will have some school pros on my hands, I feel quite sure! I have an awesome class. The kids all come from really great families. I do have one little boy that can't get anything done from sucking his thumb. So, if anyone knows of legal reasonable ways to break that habit, please share! Turning a cartwheel last year for my Kindergarteners made me famous amoungst the 1st graders. Every time I see one of them in the hall, they say, "Mrs. Mann, when can you do a cartwheel for us?" So now, my class thinks they need to see one.
I have posted some pictures of my classroom. See my new home away from home!
This is my barn door! All of the K teachers decorated

cowgirls with our faces.

The board that says "We Are Family" will have pictures of all of my kids and their famalies for those who choose to bring them. I have about 10 so far I am just waiting to get more before I climb on the counter to hang them. The board with the cowboy and cowgirl is to display their work.

1 comment:

The Stanford Family said...

Your classroom looks great. You have been working very hard!!! I hope that you have a great school year.