Monday, January 14, 2013

Full Hands, Blessed Heart

Yesterday was a good day.  I got to watch my baby girl get baptized.  It was an emotional occassion!  Back in July we were having our nightly family devo time.  I asked Alyse if she had asked Jesus to live in her heart.  I wanted to make sure all three of my girls were secure in their faith.  I didn't have any doubts, but I didn't want them to either.  Kate and Macy accepted Christ several years ago.  After I asked the question, Tadd asked, "Alyse, do you understand that Jesus wants to make your heart his home?"  Alyse's response, and I wish I could put her dramatic tone into my writing, was, "DAAADDY!!  I have asked Jesus into my heart many times.  Now he just tells me he's already there."  I thought my heart would melt!  That little girl tends to do that to me.  Often.
Alyse blesses everyone she comes into contact with.  I'm not just saying that because she's my flesh and blood.  I'm saying that because its just that true.  Ask anyone who has had more than 10 minutes with her.  There's just something special about her. 
She still gets in trouble. She's such a girl at times. She is dramatic and daring.  But most of all she loves life. 
So back to yesterday...Tadd asked his dad to help him baptize her.  It was beautiful.  My heart is blessed. 
 
Tadd's parents came.  My mama and brother came.  It was nice to have my family with us to share the joy.  I love seeing God work in my girls' lives.
 

No comments: