Saturday, January 8, 2011

Resolutions?? ...Nah!!!

"Renewal is rooted in faith, not in resolutions! They are made for New Year's and forgotten on an average of thirteen days later, say the surveys. Faith is the result of a decision about Christ. I cannot make a new me or a new you, but Christ can make you new and me new, as well, if we decide for Him." Frank Harrington

I did not make any resolutions this year, but I do have goals. If I am going to have a blog...then by all means, I need to blog! So, my goal is to blog at least three times a month. Maybe then I can keep our far away friends and family up to date with our little family.

Another goal is to cling to the promise that He's not finished with me yet. The last couple of years have been filled with many ups and downs with our start of Sandhills Cowboy Church in Denver City and our move to Canyon for Tadd to pastor Palo Duro Cowboy Church. I love the song by Ginny Owens called If You Want Me To.

"It may not be the way I would have chosen. When you lead me through a world that's not my home. But You never said it would be easy, you only said I'd never go alone. So when the whole world turns against me, and I'm all by myself and I can't hear you answer my cries for help; I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through, and I will go through the valley if You want me to."

That's the least I can do. Right? My sinful past, things I've done that I am ashamed of, are wiped clean because of His mercy. So, I'll walk through the valleys, thankful He is walking beside me.

Another goal is to compete in the Warrior Race with my dear friend Aimee. It will take a lot of training and I will have to find time with our busy schedules. But, I'm ready!

Both churches are doing well. Sandhills has not found a pastor to take Tadd's place, but they are averaging 75-100 people a week and have had over 20 people commit their lives to Christ.

We are so lucky to be a part of PDCC. It is full of wonderful people and God has been at work there in amazing ways. I'm excited to see what God has in store for both of these churches in the next year.

No comments: