Sunday, April 29, 2007

Lubbock Christian University


I was lucky enough to finish my college career at Lubbock Christian University. After trying my hand in the dental field for a couple of years my heart was with teaching. So, I set off on the great, tiring, yet rewarding adventure. My family was so great to accept all of the challenges I was faced with. They dealt with my late nights... sometimes all nighters, lots of pb&j sandwiches, and having to be put on the back burner often times so that I could finish assignments and projects.
Student Teaching for me was finally a little bit of a break. I loved every minute, well almost every minute of it. I made great new friends and it opened the door to a lot of oppurtunities.
When I was awarded Student Teacher of the Year, I was so excited. It was a goal I set in place the first time I saw the glass cabinets filled with the past Student Teachers of the Year in the Education Department.
As Lubbock Christian University celebrates its 50 years of existence, I am proud to be an alumni of such an outstanding school.

1 comment:

Neill Horton said...

Look at you and your blogging self! Yay!